Friday 18 February 2011

Bluebirds part 2

As soon as i'd seen the news I left my room with a fuzzy booze head,the kind you get when you've drunk some but not enough,and cruised to the lobby.
The hot blonde receptionist,let's call her Aurora, was a-flustered. Cheeks ruddy,phone handset jammed beneath her pixie chin,half a dozen irate suited men shouting abuse at her. Obviously it was her,and her fault alone,that the country had come to a stand still, and it was perfectly reasonable and not to mention totally productive to hold her personally responsible for the entire fiasco. One thing worse than tourists were businessmen. Thinking they had special privilages because they were important. I'm sure Aurora,if capable, would have happily tugged on a nipple to inflate the emergency dingy that she kept inside her sphincter for crisis such as these,and sailed these fuckers like Chitty Chitty fucking Bang Bang to Angleterre,that's French for England,if it stopped them from mentally stapling her to her 'help desk' or whatever their wine-stained wank-sticks where envisioning!
Well even though my heart,and other major organs,went out to her I needed some info on the airport situation so I went to sit patiently at the bar opposite her desk. I ordered a lager and sipped it and watched as she finally cracked under the pressure and screamed at the men. Poor girl. A couple of extra staff members came to her rescue so my mind was put at rest.

There was an old woman at the bar,two piece red velvet skirt suit...actually why the hell am I telling you what she had on? As if I was checking her out! But this old gal caught my eye,and she smiled warmly at me and nodded over to the receptionist. 'they think it's her fault but it's not. It is easy to focus one's anger on the closest person.' I detected a German lilt in her voice when she spoke. The barman handed her a clear drink with ice.
'you trying to get to England too?' I asked expecting confirmation.
She shook her head and paid the barman,'not yet no,i'm on holiday from there though,visiting relatives in Germany. A one night stay here first though.'
'Ah right,well i hope you'll get to your destination without the troubles i'm having.' I said trying to sound gentlemanly but no doubt coming across as sarcastic or patronising.
Taking a long,rather unlady like, swig of her drink she looked at me out of startling green eyes and said sincerely, 'you don't know the half of it yet. I hope you like croissants sir because your stay in France,' she spat the word out, racism? '..is going to be a long one.'

No comments:

Post a Comment